Wednesday, April 28, 2010

He's up up and away!





Today was the final day at St. Mary's. The theme was all about Super Heros so my group and I made sure to go all out=). My group and I were in charge of the special projects, which meant that we took care of the equipment room, were in charge of the song of the day, one game, and the closing cheer. When it our time to show the game, the children seemed to be much more involved and more excited then they usually were on other days. I believe it was our costumes that made the children truly interested in participating. The game went well, and when it came time to introduce our song we gathered the children and Cortland students into a big circle. The song went " There goes the super hero watch him go, flying, flying, he's up up and away!" We used differnt moves throughout the song, and it seemed fairly easy for the children to pick up. My group and I closed the day with a cheer, and then we said our goodbye's to the children. It was almost sad to leave, because I felt that I really connected with the children. Certain children remebered my name and always wanted to play when I came into the gymnasium. It felt good to know that I had some kind of impact on them, as well as they did on me. Looking back at day 1 in St. Mary's to today, I know that I have really changed as a teacher & leader. I now know that working with children and helping them to stay active while teaching them skills that they can use in their everyday is what I want to do. I spent some time this semester thinking if my major as Psychology was really what I wanted to do, but now I know that Physical Education is where my heart really is. Switching back into the P. E. major is the best decision at this time in my life, and I know that it will benifit me and also the children that I aspire to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment